Sunday, November 3, 2013

Asian Veggie Dinner

When my husband and I first got married, we were short on recipes, but I was super excited to try to cook for us. I soon fell in love with the beautiful pictures of Real Simple magazine. So naturally I wanted to cook all the gorgeous recipes in their magazines!



What I didn't love was all the expensive ingredients that the recipes asked for, and how long most recipes took to make! There were very few recipes that I actually ended up making, but from the first time I made this recipe we were hooked.

It is one of the only recipes that we eat almost weekly.

Firstly, you may notice that there is no meat! Don't worry, you will be SO full after eating this baby! My hubby and I aren't vegetarians and never have meatless dinners, but this little guy changed us!

Also, I want to note that over the years I ended up cutting out several ingredients from the original recipe, but trust me, it tastes much better this way.....and it's easier now that I think about it!


Give her a wirl! You'll have an AMAZING dinner in less than 30 minutes!!


--------------------------------------------------------

Asian Veggie Dinner

Yield: 4 servings 
Bake Time: 25-30 minutes

Ingredients~ 

1 ½ Cup uncooked white rice 
½ Cup sweet chili sauce (international aisle) 
1 1/2 Tbl sriracha sauce 
1 Bunch broccoli, cut into florets 
2 Bell peppers, thinly sliced 
3 Tbl Vegetable oil 
8 Eggs (2 per person) 

Directions~ 

1) Preheat oven to 400° F.

2) Cook rice according to directions on package.

3) While the rice is cooking, toss vegetables in 2 T of oil and put on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake 20-25 minutes. 

4) In a small bowl combine the sweet chili sauce and sriracha and set aside. 

5) Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cooked, covered, 2 to 3 minutes for slightly runny yolks. 

6) Serve the vegetables and eggs over the rice with the sauce drizzled over the top. 

--------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy!!

-Chantel M.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment