Monday, June 23, 2014

In Need of a Change


At first I wasn't sure if I wanted put up this post. After thinking about it for a few days, I figured this blog was for me anyways. Somewhat of a journal if you will. And plus, when I post things, I feel obligated to keep to them since someone has got to read this, right? Anyways, here it is:



Change is good. Some fear it, some thrive in it, and some search for it. No one can avoid it. I enjoy change: but sometimes I am afraid. Afraid that I will not be able to begin the necessary changes, follow through, or deal with the aftermath. I want to start, but don't know how to. So I guess I'll just start with what I hope to achieve.
Freedom from myself.

There is a better me that I want to be. Someone active, always smiling, wearing colors (yep, wearing colors scares me), taking adventures when opportunities arise....living in the moment.

I live a lazy, sedentary lifestyle and it is not ok with me. Not anymore. How do I make myself get off my phone or computer? Stand up and be active? I'm not sure yet, but something is going to change because this is not where I want to be. I am a lazy person that feels stuck in someone else's body. This is not how I want to feel. The only thing stopping me is myself, and that's not ok.


The biggest obstacle I need to hurdle is becoming active. Though I am thin, I have no stamina. I couldn't skip to my mail box without breathing a little heavy. This is a tough step though, so I am going to start with something simple. Perhaps this is random, but I am going to grow out my hair. Obviously that is not the only change I want to make, but it's a baby step that I am not afraid to take. This will continue and become a very positive experience for me.

Tomorrow, I am going out of town to help my parents move, and to take a mini vacation which might not allow me to post on my blog for a while (probably around two weeks, but I might be able to sneak in something here and there). Sorry about that. Not to worry though, I'll be back posting in no time!!

I'll miss you guys!!

-Chantel M.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when people put their truest thoughts out; because I have been feeling this way, and didn't know someone else did! Change scares me; and what else scares me is how often I can fall out of good habits. Practicing piano, for instance ;) but also scripture reading, getting to bed on time, and journal writing. You are a good example. About getting active specifically; I went through that struggle! It took quite some prayer and a scheduled class (and a lot of patience)

    ReplyDelete