Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Emily's Play Kitchen Makeover Reveal


Look at that, I'm finally getting around to showing you the whole makeover!! Sorry it took so long, I have been feeling extra lazy lately. Not quite lazy enough to forgo my slurpy runs, but too lazy to take out my memory card reader and edit my pictures.


 

Here are some details up close.



 Emily's favorite part is taking out the drawers and trying to put them back in. I can always tell when she plays with it because I find all the cupboards open and drawers out. All she needs is some play food and she's set!!


I believe Emily is quite pleased.


Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!! And who knows, I might even post a DIY on how it's done ;). Let me know if you'd be interested in seeing one by commenting below!

-Chantel M.

10 comments:

  1. I like Em's new view out the window best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've had that picture a while and never got around to using it for anything, so this worked out great!! I'm especially suprised how well the colors matched.

      Delete
  2. I'm about to embark on this same project, with the same kitchen. Any tips or steps on how you tackled the project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure!! Be sure to sand and prime!! If not, the paint will eventually chip.

      Delete
  3. What kind of paint did you use here? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used rust-oleum 2x ultra cover paint+primer. Gloss. The color is called seaside.

      Delete
  4. What type of paint did you use? Also why didn't you use spray paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use spray paint! (Except for the window, I just used a painting I made).

      Delete
  5. Did you take each part off the kitchen to paint it? Did you sand every part down first? It's awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took the top off of the bottom of the kitchen and the drawers and things out, but I didn't completely take it apart. I just covered parts that I wasn't painting. I did not sand it at all, but would recommend sanding it to everyone because after some heavy use it chips.

      Delete